"If Wash O'Hanley didn't cover it, it probably wasn't that important anyway."

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Reflections on 9/11

Well I'm certainly glad 9/11 is over and I can continue talking regularly now. I'm happy to report that in recognition of those who lost their lives in the Twin Towers on that fateful day and all of our men and women who served in Iraq and Afghanistan, I managed to make it for a full 24 hours only saying the word "9/11." In a small way this radio broadcaster was able to understand the loss and hardship that those brave people suffered as a result of terrorism as I attempted to order a KFC Double Down only using the word "9/11" in a drive through. After nearly half an hour the line of cars behind me was wrapping around the fast food franchise and the manager had to come outside so I could point at the picture menu and show him what I wanted. Never forget.



MILITARY PERSONNEL: THIS IS WHAT YOU'RE FIGHTING FOR!

My decision to only say "9/11" yesterday hit another rough patch as I witnessed a horrific traffic accident while enjoying my KFC Double Down in the car. I called 9-1-1 but had trouble directing rescue officials to the scene of the accident only using the words "nine" and "eleven," but am happy to report that even in the heat of that terrible moment I never slipped up.

No comments:

Post a Comment